Immaculate Conception Cleveland will offer low Mass for the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart at 6:30pm on Friday, June 15.
A plenary indulgence can be gained by praying the Act of Consecration to the Sacred Heart, Iesu dulcissime.
Act of Reparation
Most sweet Jesus, whose overflowing charity for men is requited by so much forgetfulness, negligence and contempt, behold us prostrate before you, eager to repair by a special act of homage the cruel indifference and injuries to which your loving Heart is everywhere subject.
Mindful, alas! that we ourselves have had a share in such great indignities, which we now deplore from the depths of our hearts, we humbly ask your pardon and declare our readiness to atone by voluntary expiation, not only for our own personal offenses, but also for the sins of those, who, straying far from the path of salvation, refuse in their obstinate infidelity to follow you, their Shepherd and Leader, or, renouncing the promises of their baptism, have cast off the sweet yoke of your law.
We are now resolved to expiate each and every deplorable outrage committed against you; we are now determined to make amends for the manifold offenses against Christian modesty in unbecoming dress and behavior, for all the foul seductions laid to ensnare the feet of the innocent, for the frequent violations of Sundays and holy-days, and the shocking blasphemies uttered against you and your Saints. We wish also to make amends for the insults to which your Vicar on earth and your priests are subjected, for the profanation, by conscious neglect or terrible acts of sacrilege, of the very Sacrament of your divine love, and lastly for the public crimes of nations who resist the rights and teaching authority of the Church which you have founded.
Would that we were able to wash away such abominations with our blood. We now offer, in reparation for these violations of your divine honor, the satisfaction you once made to your Eternal Father on the cross and which you continue to renew daily on our altars; we offer it in union with the acts of atonement of your Virgin Mother and all the Saints and of the pious faithful on earth; and we sincerely promise to make recompense, as far as we can with the help of your grace, for all neglect of your great love and for the sins we and others have committed in the past. Henceforth, we will live a life of unswerving faith, of purity of conduct, of perfect observance of the precepts of the Gospel and especially that of charity. We promise to the best of our power to prevent others from offending you and to bring as many as possible to follow you.
O loving Jesus, through the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mother, our model in reparation, deign to receive the voluntary offering we make of this act of expiation; and by the crowning gift of perseverance keep us faithful unto death in our duty and the allegiance we owe to you, so that we may all one day come to that happy home, where with the Father and the Holy Spirit you live and reign, God, forever and ever. Amen.
Iesu, mitis et humilis Corde, fac cor nostrum secundum Cor tuum.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make our hearts like unto Thine.
Another pious tradition practiced by Catholics is the Enthronement of Sacred Heart of Jesus. This ceremony takes place in the home, preferably presided over by a priest, and is meant to establish the Social Reign of Jesus Christ in society by way of the family.
And we cannot forget the promises from Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary which are granted to those who practice devotion to His Sacred Heart.
- For Persons living in the World. "They will find by means of this devotion all the helps necessary for their state, such as peace in their families, refreshment in their labors, the blessing of heaven in all their undertakings, consolation in their troubles, and it is truly in this Heart, that they will find their refuge during life and above all at the hour of death. He promised He would reunite families that are separated."
- For Homes where the picture of the Sacred Heart shall be Exposed and Honored. "Since He is the source of all blessings, He shall shower them in abundance on every place where a picture of His Divine Heart shall be set up and honored."
- Promise of Salvation for All Who Have Been Devoted and Consecrated to It. "He then confirmed His assurance that the pleasure He takes in being loved, known and honored by His creatures is so great . . . that all who will be devoted and consecrated to It shall never perish."
- For Those Who work For the Salvation of Souls. "My divine Savior has given me to understand that those who work for the salvation of souls will have a gift of touching the most hardened hearts, and will labor with marvelous success, if they themselves are penetrated with a tender devotion to His Divine Heart."
- Promise of a Happy Death for those Who Communicate on the First Friday of Nine Consecutive Months. One Friday during Holy Communion, He said these words to His unworthy slave if she is not mistaken, "I promise thee in the excessive Mercy of My Divine Heart, that It's all-powerful will grant the grace of final repentance to all who communicate on the First Friday of nine consecutive months, that they shall not die under Its displeasure nor without receiving the sacraments, for My Divine Heart will become their secure refuge at that last moment."
- Promise of the Reign of the Sacred Heart. "Yes, this Divine Heart will reign in spite of those who would oppose it; Satan will be put to confusion with all his followers."
- For Those Who Promote Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. "Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart never to be blotted out." .
- For Communities. "He has promised me . . . that He will spread the sweet unction of His burning charity over all those communities who honor It and place themselves under its special protection, that He will turn away from them all the strokes of divine justice, in order to restore them to grace when they have fallen from it."